The San Dieguito Reservoir (SDR) is a jointly owned reservoir with the capacity of approximately 850 acre-feet (AF) of water. The Reservoir supplies water for the joint owners, the Santa Fe Irrigation District (SFID) and the San Dieguito Water District (SDWD)
The San Dieguito Dam was constructed in 1918 and in 1948 the Dam was thickened with the addition of 12-inches of reinforced shotcrete. The hollow gravity, multiple arch dam created the San Dieguito Reservoir, which serves as a regulating reservoir when receiving water from Lake Hodges.
The reservoir is not only utilized for operational storage of Lake
Hodges water, but also serves as emergency storage. The San Dieguito
Reservoir is closed to the public to keep the water that it holds safe